5.28.2009

I've slacked off a bit with this whole blog thing... It was a long weekend & Don was home for three whole days!! It was nice to have him here with me, but for some reason I don't get as much done with him home. You would think that since he's here I'd get more done, he'd be able to help watch Gavin - for some reason, I can't (or just don't want to) get off my butt & clean. I'd rather sit & goof off with him. This habit is something I need to work on breaking...


Cleaning... that's another thing I've slacked off with this week. But, I have had a pretty busy week & haven't really felt like using my spare time to clean. I'll get to it, eventually. I don't plan on having any company over... I could be cleaning now, but instead I'd rather update my blog bc I'm a computer nerd.


My birthday was last Thursday! Donny boy took me to RedBowl. I haven't been before, and I was pretty thrilled about going. He wouldn't tell me where we were going, and he doesn't care for chinese or sushi at allllll so when we pulled in, I thought we were going to BWW. That would have been A-OK with me, cus they have killer chicken wraps... but, he surprised me and took me to get some great sushi! I thought it was very nice of him. He can be so sweet sometimes. Thankfully, he was feeling sweet on that day. It's kinda hard to feed Gavin what we're having when we're eating Chinese. I mean, I couldn't give him what I was having... & Don got Sesame' Chicken with rice. I'll have to remember next time we go to bring Gavin his own dinner...


Misty & her gang came over Friday and brought pizza (for my bday) It was very sweet of her to do this. I had no intentions of celebrating my birthday, but my family came through :) Mom & Dad stopped by for a few... in a new JEEP! Yea, so they bought a new car & didn't bother to tell anyone until they showed up in it. It's nice, and I'm happy for them. But, I don't see why they needed to get a new car; they're old jeep was fine. But, if you can do it, i guess do it right? I can't really remember what we did on Saturday... My days seem to run together... OH i think the highlight of Saturday was going to walmart. HA! Sunday we went over to Don's mother's house... They grilled steaks... and Angel got his mother & I a bday cake. how sweet! I finally got around to getting some mulch for my flower beds on Monday... Lowes was packed!


Mom's still at the beach... instead of coming home with dad she decided to stay for the week. I'm jealous. I wish I were at the beach. I wish I could just sit on the beach & get some sunshine & not have to worry about one single thing. But, if I were to be at the beach, trying to get some sunshine I'd be having my "third" eye on Gavin & half of my body would be covered by the umbrella. Yes, being a mom is great :)


Gavin & I finally got to go on our first playdate with Alamance Mommies. I was so so very nervous yesterday morning. I kept thinking I was going to show up at the wrong house, or I was going to be late, or they'd think I was goofy. I was just hoping they'd like my baby & I didn't make a complete fool out of myself. I haven't socialized in so long, it was kinda akward for me. I haven't been around "new" people at all... I see the same people day in & day out... So, I had no idea what to chitchat about... I just hope they kinda understand where I'm coming from, ya know? But, I do think that Gavin really enjoyed himself. He hasn't been around Baby-babies... He's only been around kids 2&up... He had fun, though. & I'm glad he did. He conked out that afternoon & slept for a good 2 & a half hours... it was nice. I napped too, haha.
I was able to get the cucumber plants yesterday, as well. I planted them last night & put some more fertilizer around a few of my plants... finished putting the rest of my mulch out too. & i think i saw Jesus. I was moving the mulch around & a hugeee HUGEEE spider crawled over my fingers. OMGOSH i just about had a heart attack right there! I HATE SPIDERS! Anyhow, I think my yard is finally looking semi-decent. I enjoy messing with my flowers so very much. It's rather relaxing. It's the only time of day that I get to myself. I took Gavin out there while I was planting the cucumbers - but the skeeters were hellabad so, he had to come back inside. I'll have to pick up some bugspray next time I'm at walllllmartttt.
Well, I guess that's it for now. I've managed to write this blog, feed Gavin his breakfast, wash dishes, start a load of clothes, and clean the floors... I'm Super Miranda. I just wonder how Don would do if he had to stay at home with Gavin for one week. I don't think he'd get anything done. Maybe that's what he needs to do. Maybe then he'll see just how much I have to do around here, and why some days I'm a little grumpy. Being a mom is hard work. Being a wife is hard work. Being a full time mom & wife is even harder... but, I love this life & if I weren't busy doing the things that I do, I'd probably go crazy. I wouldn't know how to act if my mommy-duties were taken away from me. I like my routine & I like sticking to it. I have my days where I want to pull out my hair & scream for hours... but, the good days get me through it. I have no other choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment