5.11.2009

Mother's Day

We just celebrated my first Mother's Day. For 23 years, I've thought nothing of this day - other than appreciating my mother & eating good food. I never expected to be on the receiving end of this "thank you" day. It's such a difference - I mean, life seriously changes when you have a baby - even the small things. It was a great day. I am so thankful for getting to experience motherhood & that Gavin is all mine :) I thought about making a list about my son... we'll see where this takes me...

  • when he crawls & knows he's not suppose to be going that way... he'll stop & turn around to see if i'm watching him - then books it before i can get my hands on him
  • he snorts
  • he never refuses coming to mommy :) no matter what he's doing - he'll always hold his arms up waiting for me to pick him up.
  • he dances when he hears music - its adorable.
  • when he wants attention, he'll make it known he's here - he yells, screams, does whatever needs to be done so you will look at him.
  • he loves on me. he gives me kisses & sometimes bites me - but i wouldn't want to be bitten by anyone else.
  • he loves being outdoors. watching the birdies, the cars, the trees - picking up grass, rocks, dirt or worms
  • he has the sweetest laugh in the world - and i love hearing it. no matter how bad i'm feeling, his giggle can bring a smile to my face.
  • just the fact that i know i'm loved by him & he isnt able to tell me. it's a love no one will ever hold a flame to. there is not one thing i wouldn't do for him. i would lay my life on the line, if i had to.
  • he gets excited when he sees other children, it's like he's thinking - "man, i really wish i could run around and play like those kids"
  • he learns something everyday. its such a joy to see him learn something new. like, when he learned how to put his "arms up!" or pattycake, or waving hey & byebye, when he said "dada" - or like last night, when he finally figured out if he pushed this part of the toy down, it would shake & sing - so he did it over & over & over - then looked at me with a "i'm so happy" grin
  • he's even adorable when he's not in a good mood, which is rare (thank God) he does have a temper though, and i swear he gets that from Don. if he has his mind on something, and isn't able to do what he wants - he screams & kicks & it's not pretty - but i swear its a stage. & we're working on calming himself.
  • i love the fact that i get complimented on him. it's nice to know that i'm not the only one who thinks that he's a studmuffin. i could be bias, ya know. people come up to us, no matter where we are or what we're doing, just to see the baby - & say how cute he is :) it really makes me feel wonderful.
  • i'm glad he looks like his dad. i think it would be weird if he looked like me. i know, i say things like "well, i carried him. he should look like me" but, i think Gavin is perfect just the way he is - & i think he is a doll - even if he looks like Don.
  • he's good about trying new foods. i was somewhat worried about that since Don is such a picky eater - but i'm very thankful that Gavin will try just about anything. He likes his fruits & veggies.
  • when he can't see you, he'll look for you. like if i hide behind a chair - he'll come find me. or if something is in his way, he'll look around it. it's so simple but so cute.
  • i never realized how fast babies grow. i've heard it over and over again by many different people that they'll be walking before you know it... i really can not believe that he's already 9 months old. i miss having him so little. i miss his newborn smell, when he'd hold my hand, how he wanted me to hold him "oh so close" - dont get me wrong, i love him now too. just, sometimes, i miss how it used to be when he wasn't so idk ummm active lol.
  • he's so cute when he feeds himself, or when he uses his bigboy cup. i watched him this morning for the longest time trying to get a fruitloop in his mouth. it kept getting stuck on the outside of his hand & when he'd get it right at this mouth... it'd fall off. & then he'd do it all over again... i could watch him for hours... ok so i do watch him for hours ha.
  • i'm molding his mind. i'm teaching him, even when i dont realize i am. he learns so much from me. i will always be his only mother. the love he has for me will always be stronger than for any other female. hey, i'm his mom. it ought to work that way, right?
  • i want him to know that he can always count on me, i'll always be here for him & i'll always support him - no matter what path he chooses in life. I just hope that i'll be able to help him decide what path is the right one... I want him to know that he is the reason I wake up in the mornings, literally. he is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and the best thing that ever will happen to me. nothing could get better than this. he changed me, i just hope he knows that i will love him till the end of time. i will fight giant spiders for him, if i had to. i will always make the boogeyman go away & i'll always clean up his boo-boos. i'll hold him when he wants to be held, i'll sing to him, rock him, love him whenever needed. i'll always change his diapers or wipe his hiney. i'll continue to teach him, i will continue to love him. i will never spank him, hurt him, or yell at him. i will listen to him when he wants to talk to me, i will hear him out. i will respect him in hope he will do the same. i will provide for him. i will love him the best that i can, more than i have anyone else. i will watch over him even when i'm no longer here. he is my everything, and i will do whatever i can to make his life the best that it possibly can be. i am so thankful that i gave birth to him - even though, it wasn't easy - it was the well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment