6.04.2009

raindrops keep fallin' on my head...






I'm so glad that it finally decided to rain at our house. Seems like every time they're calling for storms it misses us. It's like we have an imaginary bubble around our house with a big sign on it that says "No Rain Please!" But, not anymore... hallelujah! My flowers have got plenty of rain which means I don't have to water them today... yippeee. Instead, maybe I'll be able to pick weeds. The mulch I've put out seems to help alot, but there are those pesky ones that come back

no matter how many times I pull them up... I hate crabgrass. It grows everywhere. It'd probably grow on asphalt. I should put some out there and see if it does... Gavin & Scooter

enjoyed the semi-thunderstorm we had too. I hope Gavin enjoys them as much as I do. When I was little I used to go outside with dad before a big storm came. I love the way the air changes, how the wind blows & how there is a tiny hint of rain in the air. It smells so clean & all of the critters try to find shelter. Even the trees know it's about to storm. They turn up their leaves & invite the rain to come on in... oooh how i love storms.




I went to eat mexican with Keela, Brea & Dad yesterday. I think Gavin is going to be my mexican eating buddy. He really enjoyed the beans. I let him feed himself. I'm not sure if he wore more than he ate, or vice versa. He's so cute to me. He always does his silly face when I take a picture. & closes his eyes, which he got from his girlfriend, Ashley... haha. I am so proud of him. He does wonderful when we go out. I never have a problem from him. I consider myself lucky. I have seen families out with their children & how sometimes they have problems with their little ones... I guess if you start at an early age & teach your children how they are suppose to behave, then you shouldn't have problems when they get somewhat older. I can not stand going out to have dinner someplace & parents allowing their children to get out of the highchair/booster & run around... Going out to dinner doesn't mean it's playtime. Yes, you can have fun with your children & goof off in your own world/table... but you shouldn't allow them to interrupt other families, correct. yes, i think so. Gavin will know better. He sits in his highchair until its ALMOST time to go... then I get him out & get things together & skeedattle. Maybe I should start a "how to take your children in public" forum. HA! I don't see why people go out in public when their kids are sick/sleepy/ill. If Don & I have plans & Gavin isn't up for it... we change them. I don't take him out when he's sick (which is never, thank god) & he always naps before we go anywhere. You change your routines when you have a child... atleast you should. I don't think all mothers do. Just like all mothers aren't like me. I put Gavin before myself, in every aspect. Not to say that I'm perfect or anything, but I just feel like I should tend to him before myself. You may not agree, and that's fine. But, I think I do a dang good job being a mother & so far everything has worked in my favor... WOW i ramble. I'm done.


Gavin & I finally went out to my sisters to go swimming on Tuesday. It was nice. She said the pool was warm... but, I don't know what she was smoking bc that water was ICE. He had a great time in his new float & was knocked out afterwards.
So, he's going to be my mexican-eating, water baby. YAY!
The New Moon trailer looks great. I can't wait for it to come out. It's going to seem like forever before November gets here, though. And, as with Twilight - I'm sure the book is better. I wasn't a fan of New Moon, it was too depressing. It was good & all, but not my fave out of the series. I'm also excited for the new Harry Potter to come out ! YAY! I've started reading The Sorcerers Stone to Gavin. He has no idea what's going on & I'm sure I'll read it to him more than once... but he enjoys hearing me read out loud.
& the best part of my day - i was picking weeds (just a few minutes ago, bc i can't blog in one sitting, i have to stop... blahblah) anyhow, i heard Gavin giggling & look at the front door - he & scooter are playing & Gavin is laughing so hard he's bouncing up & down. it was hilarious. i wish i had my video camera....
bye now.





No comments:

Post a Comment